What is heaven, really? If there is life after death, is the heavenly cliché of harps and angels and clouds all we’ve got to look forward to?
Meet our guests
Michael Allen (PhD, Wheaton College) is the John Dyer Trimble Professor of Systematic Theology and Academic Dean at Reformed Theological Seminary, Orlando, FL.
J. Richard Middleton (PhD, Free University of Amsterdam) is professor of Biblical Worldview and Exegesis at Northeastern Seminary and adjunct professor of Theology at Roberts Wesleyan College, both in Rochester, New York.
This episode is sponsored by Zondervan’s new book Recovering Our Sanity: How the Fear of God Conquers the Fears that Divide Us by Michael Horton.
- Read Four Views of Heaven, edited by Michael Wittmer and with contributions by our guests J Richard Middleton, Michael Allen, Peter Kreeft as well as John S Feinberg.
- Meet Peter Kreeft, who was featured briefly in our episode. If you want to hear more from Peter, we have his full interview coming up for our Undeceptions Plus subscribers.
- Watch the full news clip from ABC13 Houston local news to see what Danny Feraro saw: the cloud formation that looks like an angel.
- Read 666 And All That: The Truth About the Future by John Dickson and Greg Clarke.
- Here’s some more on the 2014 movie Heaven is for Real … and the Washington Post article about ‘heaven tourism’.
- Watch the Netflix TV series The Good Place .
Undeceptions Plus offers exclusive bonus content to members. By becoming an Undeceiver, you can unlock uncut interviews, extra question and answer sessions, and peeks behind our creative process as we put the shows together. We’d love to have you with us.