Proselytise: to convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.
Why are Christians such god-botherers? Is it possible to share your belief system with someone who doesn’t accept without being a jerk?
Many people today would have you believe that there is no context in which proselytising could be considered a good thing.
This episode is supported by Zondervan's MasterLecture Series.
- Find out more about our guest, Dr Sam Chan
- And check out his latest book, How to talk about Jesus (without being THAT guy)
- And here's a rather extensive review of Sam’s book here.
- Sam's book Evangelism in a Skeptical World: How to Make the Unbelievable News About Jesus More Believable won Christianity Today's Book of the Year in evangelism and apologetics.
- PS -- How to Talk about Jesus (without being THAT guy) is the popular-level version of the more textbook-style Evangelism in a Skeptical World.
- Sam quoted Mark Sayers, co-host of the podcast This Cultural Moment.
Want to send John Dickson a question? He loves them. Just click here to provide a query for our next Q and A show!
Undeceptions is part of the Eternity Podcast Network, an audio collection showcasing the seriously good news of faith today.