We’re talking to John Dickson’s “favourite Northern Irishman”, and one of Christianity’s greatest “undeceivers”. That’s right, it’s John Lennox.
In his new book, ‘Can science explain everything’, Lennox addresses one of the greatest deceptions of our age: Science explains everything, so there’s no need for religion. We sit down in the gardens of Green Templeton College to quiz him about science, God and how in the world thinking Christians deal with those pesky things called miracles.
Check out this bonus content from our Lennox interview:
Links related to this episode:
- Find out more about John Lennox.
- Get Lennox’s book, Can Science Explain Everything?
- Here’s an interesting article from 2018 in Physics Today wrestling with Newton’s hypotheses non fingo and why so much of research is driven by hypothesis today.
- Watch John Dickson and Lawrence Krauss on the 2013 episode of ABC’s Q&A.
- Watch The God Delusion Debate between John Lennox and Richard Dawkins (filmed Oct 3, 2007) (mentioned in this episode)
- The UK’s Premier Christian Radio podcast Unbelievable hosted a live debate between Lennox and fellow Oxford professor Peter Atkins, and well-known atheist, earlier this year on science and faith. Check it out here.
- Find out more about fine tuning with the book our ‘phone a friend’ guest Luke Barnes co-wrote with Geraint F. Lewis, A Fortunate Universe: Life in a finely tuned cosmos.
- Read the obituary of Antony Flew, who John Dickson mentions in the podcast as accidently coming to a belief in a Creator late in his life.
- Watch John Lennox talking about his memories of listening to C.S. Lewis lecture at Cambridge.
- This post was originally published on Eternity News