Some think we might not be too far away from Artificial Intelligence actually having feelings. If it does happen, what will it mean? Will it mean, we humans have magically turned machines into ‘persons’? Or might it mean we humans are, in the end, just machines?
Meet our guests
Rosalind Picard is Professor of Media Arts and Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). She is also the founder and director of the Affective Computing Research Group at the MIT Media Lab.
This episode was sponsored by Zondervan Academic’s book Bully Pulpit by Michael J. Kruger.
- Affective Computing by Rosalind Picard
- More about Rosalind’s company Affectiva.
- More about Rosalind’s other company Empatica.
- Facebook tried to make its platform healthier. It got angrier instead. Wall Street Journal, 2021
- Facebook says AI will clean up the platform. Its own engineers have doubts. Wall Street Journal, 2021
Undeceptions Plus offers exclusive bonus content to members. By becoming an Undeceiver, you can unlock uncut interviews, extra question and answer sessions, and peeks behind our creative process as we put the shows together. We’d love to have you with us.