The question: ‘What is beauty’ has been of interest since the earliest ancient philosophers began asking questions. It’s often considered an essential ingredient of “the good life”. Our guests today are experts in showing beauty and explaining how beauty influences us and what it can show us about life.
Meet our guests
This episode was sponsored by Zondervan’s new book The Beauty Chasers by Timothy Willard.
- Here’s the ‘Instant Art Critique Phrase Generator‘ so you can be an art critic, too.
- You can follow along with Russ Ramsey’s ‘Art Wednesdays’ on social media.
- Read The Guardian Australia’s article from 2015 about The Michelangelo next door: David statue in front yard divides suburb.
- Read Elaine Scarry’s book On Beauty and Being Just.
- Read David Brooks New York Times article about Makoto Fujimura here.
- More on CS Lewis and friendship as something that gives value to survival, from The Marginalian.
- Watch this interview with Professor Peter Kreeft on truth, beauty, goodness and boredom here.
- Learn more about kintsugi.
- Watch Many Beautiful Things: The Life and Vision of Lilias Trotter 2015 documentary.
- Read the letters of Vincent van Gogh.