Professor Ard Louis is one of the world’s leading theoretical physicists. He sat down with John Dickson to talk about why he fervently believes that we don’t need to prove God exists.
Ard is serious in his quest to have a coherent system that makes some sense of the world. It’s what he gets out of bed to discover every day. And he’s not afraid that the more he discovers, the less he’ll need God. Quite the opposite: “Science is one of the parts of the world that actually increases the likelihood of God being there,” he says.
Links related to this episode:
- Watch the Why Are We Here documentary that Ard Louis helped create.
- Check out Morgan Freeman’s documentary series The Story of God. He interviews Ard Louis in the episode called ‘Proof of God’.
- Read Simon Conway Morris’ book Life’s Solution: Inevitable Humans in a Lonely Universe
- Watch the full interview from Centre For Public Christianity with Simon Conway Morris on evolution, convergence and a purposeful universe.
- Read more about Sir Fred Hoyle, the man who made famous the ‘tornado in the junkyard’ analogy.
- Check out this article by science historian Peter Harrison on The Reformation and the Rise of Science
- Watch Ard Louis talk more about evolution and intelligent design.