Buddhism probably takes the prize today for World’s Most Lovable Religion.
But is this widespread appreciation of Buddhism matched by widespread understanding?
Meet our guests
Dr Sarah Shaw is a member of the Faculty of Oriental Studies at Oxford University and an Honorary fellow of the Oxford Centre for Buddhist Studies. She’s also the author of Buddhist Meditation: an Anthology of Texts and An Introduction to Buddhist Meditation.
Download a transcript of this episode here
This episode of Undeceptions is sponsored by Zondervan Academic’s new book 15 New Testament Words of Life by Nijay Gupta.
- Boston University’s World Religion Database
- Pew Research Centre on Buddhism in North America
- ‘Former Buddhist with Sri Lankan heritage, Kanishka Raffel is the new Anglican Archbishop of Sydney’, Radio National (AU), 26 May 2021
- A Doubter’s Guide to World Religions by John Dickson (2021)
- The Buddhism parable of the raft, in ‘When to let go of the dharma, too’, Tricycle – Buddhist Review, 19 September 2019
- What’s the Difference? Jesus and the Eastern Faiths, John Dickson’s talk at Ada Bible Church, 2019.
Undeceptions Plus offers exclusive bonus content to members. By becoming an Undeceiver, you can unlock uncut interviews, extra question and answer sessions, and peeks behind our creative process as we put the shows together. We’d love to have you with us.