Rachel Gilson says she grew up knowing two things instinctively: she was romantically attracted to women and Christians were NOT ok with that. Smart, sophisticated, with a love for big ideas not small minds … Rachel Gilson sounds like she’s the poster girl for that common critique of Christianity – that it’s unhelpful and unhealthy for those in the LGBTI community with lesbian, gay, or bisexual orientations.
But that is not her story.
Rachel discovered that it was possible to walk a round that led between her same-sex attraction and a love of God.
Her conclusions, including her life choices will surprise you. Yet Rachel’s quest to understand God and His opinion of her desires provide one of the most provocative, interesting and inspiring stories Undeceptions has had privilege to present.
- For more on Rachel Gilson, check out her web site.
- And while you’re clicking, have a look at the Undeceptions web site for all sorts of cool stuff related to undeceiving the world
- Special thanks to Zondervan Academic, our show sponsor
- Undeceptions would like to encourage you to check out Zondervan Academic’s latest publication, Collected Essays of N.T. Wright, 3: volumes: Interpreting Scripture, Interpreting Jesus, and Interpreting Paul
- Ridley College, where John lectures in Public Christianity
- You can click here to sign up for the Life In Wartime podcast with David Robertson and Stephen McAlpine.
- Want to send John Dickson a question? He loves them. Just click here to provide a query for our next Q and A show!
- Undeceptions is part of the Eternity Podcast Network, an audio collection showcasing the seriously good news of faith today.
Get to know our guest
Rachel Gilson currently lives in the Boston metro area, working for Cru on the leadership team for theological development and culture. She has a Master of Divinity from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
Gilson has authored the book Born Again This Way: Coming Out, Coming to Faith, and What Comes Next, and her writing has featured in Christianity Today, The Gospel Coalition, and Desiring God, among other places.